Migration processes and socio-economic development of the regions
Migration processes management is an important public administration element. Migration affects many aspects of society — economics, public safety, and culture. Without a competent migration policy, a conflict between residents and migrants is inevitable in society. The problem of the relationship between migration flows and the level of socio-economic development of territories is considered herein. The data from the RIA Rating Agency and the Federal State Statistics Service of Russia are used in this study. The main research method is the correlation-regression analysis. As part of the study, the hypothesis that migration flows tend to the regions that are strong in terms of socioeconomic status has not been confirmed.
2. Data on migration in the Russian Federation – 2017-2018. Federal State Statistics Service of Russia. Available at: https://www.gks.ru/folder/12781 (in Russian).
3. Follesdal, A. (2008). Multilevel Regulation and the EU: The interplay between Global, European and National normative processes. Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff.
4. Galas, M.L. (2017). Socio-economic and political-legal aspects of post-crisis migration. Finansy: Teoriya i Praktika (Finance: Theory and Practice), vol. 3 (2017), 216-236. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sotsialno-ekonomicheskie-i-politiko-pravovye-aspekty-postkrizisnoy-migratsii (in Russian).
5. Martin, Ph. (2008). Managing Migration: The Global Challenge. Population Bulletin, vol. 63, №1110.
6. Massey, D.S. (2005). Worlds in Motion: Understanding International Migration at the End of the Millennium (International Studies in Demography) / D.S. Massey, J. Arango, G. Hugo, A. Kouaouci, A. Pellegrino, E.J. Taylor. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
7. Obokata, T. (2010). Global Governance and International Migration: A Case Study of Trafficking of Human Beings. Refugee Survey Quarterly, vol. 29, issue 1, 120–136, https://doi.org/10.1093/rsq/hdq004
8. Rating of socio-economic situation in the regions - 2018. RIA Rating Agency. Available at: https://riarating.ru/infografika/20190604/630126280.html (in Russian).
9. Rating of socio-economic situation in the regions -2017. RIA Rating Agency. Available at: https://riarating.ru/infografika/20180523/630091878.html (in Russian).
10. Ryazantsev, S.V. (2016). Contribution of the labour migration to the Russian economy: estimation methods and results. Gumanitarnye nauki. Vestnik Finansovogo universiteta (Humanitarian sciences: Financial University Bulletin), vol. 2, issue 22, p. 16-27. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/vklad-trudovoy-migratsii-v-ekonomiku-rossii-metody-otsenki-i-rezultaty (in Russian).
11. Todaro, M.P. (1980). Internal migration in developing countries: a survey, in population and economic change in developing countries / R.A. Easterlin (ed.). London and Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
12. Volokh, V.A. (2019). State policy and new forms of management of the international labor migration processes: opportunities and risks. PolitBook, vol. 1 (2019), 37-46. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/gosudarstvennaya-politika-i-novye-formy-upravleniya-protsessami-mezhdunarodnoy-trudovoy-migratsii-vozmozhnosti-i-riski (in Russian).